Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blog much??

Clearly not in my case...one day, will get back to it...maybe...probably not.

Anyway, a couple of good recipes from this weekend:

1) Pork Tenderloin in the slow cooker. I didn't modify this one at all, other than I only had ground sage so I used that (and probably too much), and no garlic paste so I just used bottled chopped garlic. I thought the recipe was really good - Greg was a little meh about it, but he ate it so that means it must have been at least a 60-75% mark. Micaela really liked it, Avery not so much. But she isn't the biggest fan of meat in general. What is rubbed sage anyway??

2) Homemade granola bars. I've made this one twice now and modified it a bit because the first time I found the bars to be a bit sticky and bendy. This time I used two cups of oats, and Wow butter instead of peanut butter so that the kids can take them to school. I used cranberries, mini white chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and broken up banana chips. That is a fair bit of sugar but maybe I will start removing some of the sweeter items. Because of all of the stuff I put it, I was able to use a 9x12 pan and got about 16 bars from it.

And finally, my KitchenAid immersion blender quit on me just as I was about to blitz a pot of butternut squash, cauliflower and leek soup. I went out to get a new one and ended up with this instead: the Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender. Used the immersion blender part for the soup, and the mini-food processor for chopping up the dates for the granola bars. Thumbs up so far, just have to make sure I don't lose all the pieces in the cupboard.

Have a good week world!

No comments: