Sunday, May 11, 2008

Toronto Odyssey


4 generations of Pearce
Originally uploaded by The Herages
It has been a while, hasn't it, since I posted anything. That certainly doesn't mean nothing has been going on, but more that I just haven't managed to get the timing right to write out a whole post in one go. So on to the update...

At the end of April, Greg, Avery and I headed to Toronto to visit my family - pretty much all of my family and many friends as well! Greg headed home after the weekend (by flying with Porter and hanging out with Stephane Dion on the plane - ok, he didn't really talk to him but they were on the same plane at the same time :), and I stayed for another week. During that time Avery and I visited with my mom, dad, grandmother, various aunts and uncles, my university friends, my high school friends and a friend from my old work. Avery was a star through the whole thing! I, on the other hand, was a little tired by the end of it. :)

Special thanks to my mom for putting up with us the whole week (though I don't think she really minded), to my dad and Cassandra for hosting a great party and letting us see most of the family all in one go, to Andrea (Rabel) Comeau for having a lovely baby shower for us, and to all our other friends and family who had us over for visits.

Super smiles!
Avery turned 2 months old while we were there - as of last Tuesday (9 weeks), she weighed13 lbs 5 oz and was 23.5 inches in length, apparently a little above average on both counts. I think I misstated her length in one of my earlier posts, because I don't think she has been shrinking or anything! She's a pretty happy baby and seems to enjoy life, even though she only poops once every 2-3 days. I keep thinking I've seen the biggest poops ever and she keeps surprising me. Yesterday I had to wash the cover of her little rocker chair among other things because there was leakage everywhere...hopefully she will grow out of this phase sooner rather than later!

No comments: