Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New stroller

The new stroller has arrived! Actually, I drove down to Ogdensburg last Friday to pick it up because we ordered it from Amazon.com (why won't they shop to Canada????). Anyway, Sandy (Greg's mom) graciously babysat for me since Avery doesn't have any ID yet and can't cross the border. It turned out that Avery slept for approximately 2.5 out of the 4 hours I was gone and pooped twice. Lucky Sandy! :)

The stroller we got is the BabyJogger City Elite Single - it is considered an all-terrain stroller but is not specifically intended for jogging. Now, does it seem odd to anyone else that a company called BabyJogger would make any (or in fact, several) types of stroller that are not meant for jogging? At any rate, I have spoken to a few people who have jogged with it anyway and didn't have any concerns. Right now we have to use the car seat adaptor with it, making it look enormous, but the ride is much smoother than the Graco travel system stroller we have. On the downside, there is no real cupholder and the basket in the bottom is smaller and harder to get into. With respect to the cupholder, I have already bought an attachment package from Prince Lionheart that will help clip any number of water bottle/sippy cup/other kid things to the handle, etc. I will let you know whether it works out. We also got a bug canopy (for those weekly trips out to Manotick) and a rain/wind canopy. I am not sure the rain canopy will fit because it isn't specific to the City Elite model, but that one came from Kiddytown and they are pretty good about taking things back.

All that to say, I haven't actually tried jogging with the stroller (or with Avery to be more precise)...I am a little nervous because her head still moves around a bit while walking and it will obviously be worse if I am moving faster. We bought a better head support for the car seat (yes, I have been doing a ridiculous amount of shopping this week), so that should help. We are heading to Toronto tomorrow for a visit and we are only bringing this stroller, so I will likely have to give the jogging a try while we are there.

Reflective at 7 weeks
A quick update on Avery - at 7 weeks (this past Tuesday) she weighed 12 lbs 3 oz. Not quite growing at the same rate as Nicholas, but it is fast enough for my liking! I am going to have to work on my arm and back muscles to be able to keep lifting the car seat. She has already grown out of a ton of clothes, (quite sad when they only wear the cute outfits a couple of times) and is wearing some 3-6 month items now. Then again, the sizing is all so variable, it is hard to know what she should really be wearing. I tried to measure her length the other day, but it came out as 22 inches, less then the 23 inches she supposedly was when she was born. I don't think she has gotten any shorter, so my measuring skills may not be up to par. I'll have to try again sometime soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the tape was upsidedown and Avery is acutally 55 in...

-TDM

haggaret said...

In Liam's case he actually did get shorter before getting taller. That was because of his head though so I don't think the same could be said for Avery. :)

Bonnie said...

Jaida is likely the same size as her now, sadly I believe this is the end of the sharing between Jaida and Avery...too bad, I may have a few cute outfits, that may still fit, though you seem to be doing quite well in shopping department! ;)