Monday, November 17, 2008

Yay to the return of Top Chef!

So I love the show Top Chef - if you don't know it, it is a Bravo show that is shown on the Food Network in Canada. It's a reality show where chefs compete against each other in a variety of challenges to become "Top Chef" and win some $ and cool prizes - as well as the bragging rights of course. What I love about it is that most of the "cheftestants" (their word, not mine) are trained, professional chefs and they come to win. There is also a healthy mix of personality clashes and personal baggage to round out the cooking action. It is nice to watch a reality show where the participants are skilled and not just fame-seekers. I guess that is also why I like So You Think You Can Dance...but I digress.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware that Season 5 started last week and I only caught part of the first episode, but no worries - I plan to be a dedicated watcher nonetheless. For anyone who is a wannabe chef and amateur foodie, this show is for you. It's on the Food Network Wednesdays at 10pm. And it is worth staying up for! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know, thanks PTL. I'm neither a wannabe chef nor an amateur foodie (but I do love to eat) but since I like reality shows in general (and especially ones about cooking) then I'll probably watch it. Screw staying up late though, that's what a PVR is for. :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. So You Think You Can Dance is awesome. :)