Saturday, December 27, 2008

All I want for Christmas is my top right lateral incisor...

Family Christmas picture
A belated Merry Christmas to everyone and an early Happy New Year! I hope everyone is having a very nice Christmas season and relaxing a little. Hard to believe I will be back to work in a few short weeks, but there it is. On to funner topics....

Avery's first Christmas has come and gone, and it was a great time. Of course she didn't have a clue what was going on, and since her attention span is still pretty short, even the appearance of a bunch of new toys didn't really seem to make a big impact. But we enjoyed it anyway. My mom came to spend a week with us in Ottawa, and we had a very nice cheese fondue on Christmas Eve, and then went to Greg's parents' house for dinner on Christmas Day. Sandy, Tim and Jamie made us an excellent meal and it was very nice to be able to spend Avery's first Christmas with all the Herages/Kroekers and my mom. Too bad Grampa Kelly didn't get to see Avery over the holidays, but don't feel too sorry for him. He and Cassandra are sunning it up on a Hawaiian cruise. We'll seem them next week when we go to Toronto.

So Avery has finally cut another tooth - the aforementioned top right lateral incisor. Bonnie assured me that it wasn't strange that Avery is getting this tooth before she has her top central incisors, and that I didn't need to rush her to the dentist or anything. It is going to look a little strange when it comes all the way in though, with only that one and her two bottom teeth! :)

This week we finally put away Avery's playmat - we had the Fisher Price Rainforest Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym. I would highly recommend this one as Avery really loved it, it was fairly durable and she got some use out of it even over the last couple of months. Granted it is probably not meant to be used as a standing support, but somehow she made it work that way! :)

And finally, I managed to do a little shopping today beacuse I desperately need to revamp my work wardrobe. The best deals I found were at the Gap at St. Laurent mall. I got 4 pairs of work pants that ranged in price from $15 to $25, and they all fit fairly well. Can't beat that!

2 comments:

danakean said...

hey lyss, you look great in your christmas pic!!! i know you know our news, but just wanted to tell you that i am finally out of denial about our new baby on the way. Remind me never to do this again!!! Love to Greg and Avery.... and happy New Year! Miss you guys!

Dana

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! We certainly suspected, but didn't know for sure. Can't wait to chat with you soon and continue having fun in Florida...and happy new year to all the Keans as well.