Thursday, April 8, 2010

North African meatballs

These North African meatballs are a must-try.  It is a recipe from the Food Network's show, Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian.  I used ground lamb instead of beef, but ground beef, chicken or turkey would all probably work just fine because there is enough flavour in both the meatballs and sauce.  The recipe takes a while to prepare, but it is worth it.  Next time I will probably make a double batch of meatballs and freeze the extra for another meal.  I didn't use the noted recipe for couscous; instead I "winged it" on making my own israeli couscous with orange zest and cranberries.  It wasn't a total success because I used too much liquid, but I know better for next time, and I won't be too lazy to look up some directions on the internet.  Enjoy!

No comments: