Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And how is Micaela doing?

She is pretty good - as of 6 weeks she is now at 10 lbs 7 oz and has grown to 23 inches.  That means she's grown 3 inches since birth, or the birth measurement was a little off.  I am going with the latter theory. :)

Right now she is going through a phase of pretty bad gassiness (I refuse to call it colic). She hits her peak discomfort between 6 and 8pm, making it really challenging to cook dinner, play with Avery after dinner and put Avery to bed, but we are muddling through.  I did all of that on my own last night while Greg was curling, and I was the only one who didn't cry at some point or another. :)  Actually, Avery was pretty good with the whole thing, despite not being able to hear her stories sometimes because of Micaela's crying, and there were only 2 time-outs through the whole process.  It can only get better, right?

No comments: