Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another Avery funny

Happy 2011 to everyone! There are many posts planned, mostly to catch up and close out 2010, but here is a cute little story from today:

During "naptime" when Avery was (supposed to be) "resting", I peaked into her room to see what she was up to.  She had one of her books open on her bed and she was running circles around it and saying "Jump!" (you know, because we totally approve of her jumping on her bed.) Anyway, I stood there watching her for a while and when she finally noticed I was there, she got quite a guilty look on her face.  I asked her what she was doing and she said matter-of-factly, "I'm jumping into the storybook."  I had to think for a moment, and then said, "...Oh. Like Dora, right?" Then we had to have a little talk about how some of the things Dora does are just pretend, and that she should just pretend too. I'm sure she grasped everything I said...now I'm just waiting for the day when she tries to handle a baby alligator the way Diego and Alicia taught her to. :)

No comments: