Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Growing up...

Some days, I can't quite believe how fast Avery is growing up.  It's the little things, such as recently she has started calling me "Mommy" instead of Mama.  I find it really odd when she says it, because it almost seems like she thinks it is a more grown-up thing to say, rather than something she really wants to say.  But on the other hand, I almost always refer to myself as Mommy, so it makes sense that she would catch on sooner or later.  The other grown-up thing she did this week was help me bake a cake - Julie's rhubarb cake to be precise.  The experience was great (and very messy), and kind of went like this: "Ok Avery, put the flour in the bowl. NO, DON'T TOUCH THAT! Alright sweetheart, next is the sugar. AVERY, DON'T SPILL IT! Very good job sweetie, keep mixing. BE CAREFUL - DON'T FALL OFF THE STOOL!..." and you get the gist of it.  It was really cool the way she remembered that I told her the topping would go on after we put the cake in the pan, and then she used a small measuring cup to start putting the topping on before I asked her too.  Then she dumped a cupful on the floor and Trus enjoyed a sugary treat.  And so it went... :)

The picture is of how she was dressed one day when she went to daycare.  She really wanted to wear the fancy dress Dana gave her, hence the pink skirt (and the dress was apparently only $3 on the clearance rack - best $3 Dana ever spent!), it was a cold day so we made her wear pants under the dress, the sweater was the first one I could put my hands on, and the hat just pulled the whole outfit together!  

1 comment:

danakean said...

Hmmmmmm... i am trying to think of a BETTER $3 deal but none really come to mind...so that was definitely the best $3 dress ever as long as Avery likes it:)