Sunday, June 13, 2010

Catching up again...

Funny how I can't even blog regularly while on mat leave...what am I going to do when I go back to work?  Oh well, I'll deal with that when I have to.

In Herage news, Micaela is now 4.5 months old and Avery is a solid 2 years - with all that entails.  Mikes is growing up quickly, smiling and laughing mostly at her big sister, on the verge of rolling over for about 3 weeks now, and is still a mama's girl.  She is getting better though - she is much more willing to go to other people, at least for a few minutes before she starts crying. :)  Her sleeping at night isn't improving much, but as I said to Bonnie, this time around I am not going to worry about it.  I will work on all of that as it gets closer to me going back to work, and when she starts daycare, Linda (our daycare provider) will fix her, just like she did with Avery!

Avery is a very active little kid, with all the bumps and bruises to show for it. She is doing great, enjoying being a big "sistha" and is talking more and more every day.  We've even managed to kick her soother habit, as all of the soothers somehow were lost in Toronto.  I just keep reminding her that it wasn't Grossmueti who lost them.
We did a big trip to Toronto in May - the girls and I drove there with my dad to start.  Due to a car fire on the 401, the trip took about 6.5 hours.  It was probably the longest drive to TO ever for me, made even more painful by Micaela screaming for the last 2 hours or so. We hung out at my mom's house for a week, visiting as many people as possible, and Greg joined us for the long weekend.  It was a pretty tiring week, but overall went very well. 

Since then we've made a few day trips to the cottage and we're planning to have people over for as many pool parties as possible - as long as the weather cooperates.  We are going to a cottage with Ted and Jamie in July, and I am hoping to go to Calgary with the girls in August to see Dan and Andrea...it will all depend on the price of flights whether it is Micaela and I, or both girls and I.  I wish there was a kid price, but no such luck. With all of that activity, summer is probably going to fly by!

No comments: