Thursday, April 10, 2008

5 weeks old...and too drunk to make it to the crib

Perhaps posting this photo is just going to get me in trouble ( I swear there was no way she was going to fall and my mom was right there to catch her just in case), but I thought this was too cute a pose to pass up. I also wanted to show off the ridiculous way Avery's mother had dressed her - diaper shirt courtesy of Christine Mason, pants courtesy of Maya, Natasha and/or Jaida Lawson and hoodies courtesy of Aidan Ferguson (via his mom of course). Oh, and the hat is from the Lawsons as well. At least each of the items has pink on it - that means the outfit kinda matches, doesn't it???

Anyway, Avery was not really drunk but rather still passed out from a car ride. I think she has now hit her 6 week growth spurt because she slept a ton during the day for the last couple of days and today she didn't even fall asleep when we were in the car. She has been sleeping now for about 45 mins and I think this has been the longest stretch so far today. Hopefully this pattern won't emerge tonight as well.

In other news, Greg and I managed to sneak out for a movie this week - we're only getting out this much because my mother was here, and I assume we will settle into a more normal routine for a couple with an infant now that she has gone home. We saw Run Fatboy Run, and despite some not great reviews that I read, we really liked it. The movie had a few moments of super-gross out humour a la American Pie, etc. as well as general good laughs. Of course the whole thing was unrealistic, but isn't that what going to the movies is all about?

The other "big" development for the week is that we have already bought another stroller. I have only used our current stroller about 5 times, and while it isn't terrible, I got the bug for a different one after trying the Mason's Bob dualie stroller. We ended up ordering one from BabyJogger - but I will write about that once it comes and I get to try it out a bit. Jogging, of course... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breast milk white russians???

-TDM