Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our vist to the Sugar Bush

Sugar Bush 2008
This morning Greg, Avery, my mom and I went to a local Sugarbush to get a pancake breakfast and check out the maple syrup action. Ok, it wasn't really morning any more by the time we got there, but it was our breakfast and lunch. Proulx Berry Farm is really close to our house, which was one advantage, but it is not a huge place and wasn't terribly well organized, so we ended up waiting in line for over an hour outside to get to the food. Thankfully, it was a gorgeous day today and warm enough to spend the time outside. I also suspect this was one of the last weekends the sugarbushes will be open, so people came out in droves. Overall it was quite fun and the food definitely hit the spot after waiting so long.

Avery's first trip to the sugar bush
Avery was a champ through the whole thing! I had her in the carrier the whole time and she basically slept through it all. We did take her out for a while once Greg was done eating - maybe she won't make a face when she finally gets to taste maple syrup. Or maybe she will prefer Aunt Jemima syrup like her mother, much to her father's chagrin!

IMG_1143


I am really liking the carrier - it is a Beco Baby Carrier, and I bought it at Milkface in Ottawa. (It seems this blog is also going to be a bit of a baby product review site.) This particular carrier was recommended by Dana. What I like about it is that it isn't hard and cumbersome, nor is it particularly big. However, there is enough support so that I don't feel it in my back and it is fairly adjustable so that Greg and I can both use it. Avery really likes it so far, and typically falls asleep within minutes of being in it. Today I kept debating whether it would have made more sense to have brought her in the stroller, but because the dining area was so crowded, having to cart around the bucket car seat would have been a huge hassle. It all seems to be one big experiment!

2 comments:

haggaret said...

Wow! Two posts in one day, you're on a roll!

A trip to the sugar bush is always fun, except for the waiting in line part. We had a similar experience, but not as long a wait as you guys.

Funny thing - I think Amy prefers Aunt Jemima to real maple syrup too!

danakean said...

I am so glad you like the Beco. I think you will like it even more when you start to do a back carry. I find it even more comfortable and lets you have more freedom to do stuff:)