Sunday, February 17, 2008

The debrief on fasting and Cameras – July 18, 2006

So for all of you who are anxiously awaiting a debrief on the fasting…here goes. Greg essentially fasted from 6pm on Friday until 1-ish pm on Sunday. At that point he had a couple of carrot, apple, ginger juices from Booster Juice (barf in my opinion Image). Then it was on to several bowls of popcorn (air-popped even) and a few other munchies. Nothing really heavy or substantial though. I don’t actuallyknow whether the fasting did him any good in the end, but he was definitely quiet and lacking in energy all weekend. Don’t be alarmed…on Monday night he was back to his usual “annoy Alyssa to death” self.

My fruit fast certainly didn’t provide me with any of the results I was expecting – I’m sure no one wants the details of that. However, despite being hungry often, I was never really lacking in energy. And, not drinking coffee for two days didn’t kill me. It was worth it just to find that out really. I also cracked when Greg started eating popcorn, so i basically was on fruit only from first thing Saturday morning to 3pm on Sunday. I might try it again one day, but it would probably be wise to officially stop drinking coffee before that. So really, I might never try again!

The stupid thing we did was go to see Pirates of the Caribbean on Saturday night. Stupid because the movie wasn’t great (basically it is just more of the same), and because we were ready to eat the popcorn of the 10-year old girl beside us. Without saying please.

A new topic – I’m thinking about getting a new camera. Mine still works fine, but the lack of optical zoom does drive me crazy (and yes it is that old and that low-level a model that it doesn’t have optical zoom). Of course we have Greg’s nice camera, but he isn't super-keen on me using it and I do find it somewhat complicated. I would just like one that I can take anywhere and get great shots, without worrying about it being too delicate or attractive to thieves! If anyone has any suggestions about a good camera to buy in the $3-400 range (all in), I would love to hear them!

No comments: