Sunday, February 17, 2008

I love food! - November 22, 2006

I love food! - November 22, 2006 magnify

I apparently don’t feel like sleeping, which is why I am staying up to post this very important entry…ha!

Actually I changed my theme in honour of my dinner out last night at Mama Grazzi’s in the market. I had a great time catching up with Vanessa, but our dinner was really not fantastic. The food was so-so, and the service was actually pretty appalling once we thought about it. Our waiter had a cute accent, which I think he figures will help him get away with forgetting everything his customers ask him to do. And when reminded of things forgotten, he blamed everyone else for it. That drives me crazy!! So needless to say, I won’t be going back there in a hurry.

On the other hand, I had an amazing dinner out with Derek last weekend at the Whalesbone Oyster House on Bank Street. Of course any dinner with Derek is a good time, but the food was especially fantastic. We shared the lobster bisque, which was like fluffy lobster-flavoured butter (so good), as well as the crab cakes – they were also pretty yummy and I am not usually super-keen on crab cakes. We both had the maple miso cod and loved it. Though we considered having dessert, there was no room in the belly. If only they had had an espresso machine, the night would have been fully completely. But no worries, I would go back there in a heartbeat.

Enough for tonight…stayed tuned for an upcoming post on a recent heart-wrenching event.

No comments: