Friday, February 22, 2008

It's finally ready!


39+ weeks and counting!

The baby's room that is...not the baby him or herself. We're still waiting for junior to make a grand appearance, but since we've finally done everything in the baby's room that we were planning on doing, I feel a little better about the idea that the baby can come any time. It is somewhat ironic considering the baby will likely sleep in our room for quite a while before moving into his/her own room. However, I strongly felt that anything we didn't get accomplished before the baby was born was seriously unlikely to happen anytime soon after the baby was born. So we are now good to go on that front.

This is me at 39 weeks and 2 days...and counting. I am wearing my new Lululemon sweatshirt because I love it (it is orange after all), even though it is very uncomfortable when I do it up. I am still not quite at the point that I desperately need to get the baby out, but if this whole pregnancy thing extends into March, I am not going to be a happy camper! I am also a big fan of the double chin in this shot. At least my swollen ankles aren't showing here... :)

IMG_0983
So the pictures are obviously of the baby's room and the froggy and friends theme we picked. It all evolved from a print I picked up at a local art store a long time ago, in fact when we were expecting the first time around, but I am glad we chose to use it now. I quite like how everything turned out, especially since I have no knack for decorating and actually don't even really like doing it that much. And after the pseudo-furniture fiasco we had when trying to buy the crib and dresser, I am really glad it all worked out. We were originally going to go with the same set but in a really dark finish. Even though that is typically my preference for furniture, I think the white actually looks quite nice. I suppose it is more baby-oriented, rather than adult-oriented.

Anyhoo, that is all for now...happy weekend everyone!

No comments: